One of the first things that I decided that I was going to do once I became a mom was document everything. And by everything, I mean EV-ER-Y-THING! Of course, it is a no brainer that I would do my best to make sure to capture every Holiday (big, and teeny tiny).
When it came to Valentine’s day I wanted something cute but simple. That day (actually a few days before) was born the heart backdrop. The best thing was that I only use a few materials and I had them all on hand!
- Hearts (you can download my colorful and free printable hearts HERE, or if you have some cardstock paper on hand… even better)
- Hot Glue
- Meterstick, PVC pipe, broom stick, whatever you have to tie the string to
- Optional – two dollar store poster boards
- Print and cut out all the hearts (I used 6 hearts per piece of string and had 8 pieces of string, but this also depends on the height you want your backdrop to be. Mine did not need to be that long so you may or may not need a few more)
- Figure out the height you would like your backdrop to be and cut your string accordingly. Don’t forget to add some extra string for when you tie it to base (your pipe, broomstick, or in my case a yardstick).
- Tie each of the strings to the base about 2 inches away from each other.
- Start hot gluing the hearts on each of the strings.
- I used two chairs to hold up the meter stick, you might want to opt for something a little more…… uh….. professional
- Sprinkle any extra hearts you may have on the floor.
- Optional – Since I was taking pictures of this little kiddo and wanted a white backdrop, I sat her on a white poster board and placed one right behind her.
And…. You’re all done!
I would love to see anything you guys do with these printables! If you post pictures in the comment section even better!
And because not all my pictures came out nice, and we had a bit of a prop malfunction… here is this lovely gem:
We would love to stay in touch! Click Here to subscribe to our email list and get fun freebies and a whole mess of other goodies sent straight to your inbox each month!
Don’t worry, you won’t get any spam. We pinky promise!