In the words of Leslie Knope, “Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food”?
She’s right you know. Pancakes, muffins, eggs, oatmeal, and my personal favorite… waffles.
I’ve tried so many delicious breakfast recipes, and continue to love trying new ones! It’s no surprise then that I fell in love with my husband’s traditional family breakfast. It is something that is so simple to make and will be on your table in 5 minutes or less, no kidding!
Ever since he was a kid his dad would make sausage, and egg sandwiches every Saturday while they watched some TV. When we were dating I remember going over on Saturdays and we would have this very same meal. Once, Kevin and his dad were even arguing about who made it best! I choose to stay neutral on this subject, my lips are sealed (but you can probably take a guess who I’m leaning towards)!
While we don’t make this every single Saturday, it still is just as delicious every time we do make it – not to mention that Kevin really enjoys making it!
I don’t really have a creative name for this breakfast dish so let’s just fast forward to the part where I give you the recipe:
- 4-6 Eggs (depending on if you want more of an egg taste or more of a sausage taste)
- 16 oz. of Sausage (We used the whole entire pack of Mr. Paisa, but any sausage will do!)
- Puerto Rican Bread
- Place a pan on the stove and set it to medium high (between 4-6 on the dial)
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl and whisk
- Cook the sausage until is ready
- Pour in the egg mix
- Mix the sausage and eggs in the pan until the eggs become fully cooked
- Cut yourself a slice of bread
- Take the dough out the middle
- Scoop the eggs and sausage into the bread
Special Note: *We do not place oil in the pan because the sausage lets out oil and it would be an oily mess if we add any more, and our pan is non-stick! You might want to spray some PAM if you’re worried about the eggs sticking though!*
Serve with some apple juice (my personal favorite) and voila, all done! Now you’ve got something else to add to your breakfast list! I would love to hear about your favorite breakfast recipes (seriously, I really would) so make sure to leave your favorite recipes down below!